Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions listed below will apply between you and CP for the sale and purchase of the items contained in your basket. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Availability of goods and prices
Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that occasionally goods ordered may be sent to you in instalments. We will make every effort to advise you (by email) if this is the case.
We make every attempt to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, however discrepancies may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods already ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and ask that you reconfirm your order at the correct price, whilst also giving you the option to cancel it. If we are unsuccessful in contacting you we will consider the order cancelled.
If we cancel your order, you will receive a full refund within 30 days.
By ordering a product you accept these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, and it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions regularly before ordering products in case there are any changes.
Your undertakings and warranties
You warrant that the information given on your order form is complete and accurate.
Acknowledgement of Order
When you have completed your order you will be sent an email confirmation. It will state what products are on order, the total cost including VAT (where appropriate) and Post & Package charges, together with delivery and invoice details. If for any reason your order cannot be processed, a member of the customer services team will contact you to explain the nature of the difficulty.
No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and The Conservative Party (CP) until the product(s) ordered have been despatched. We will send a confirmation email when the goods have left our warehouse. This confirmation email amounts to an acceptance by CP of your offer to buy goods from the Conservative Shop.
Where an order is to be fulfilled in instalments, those products yet to be despatched will not form part of our contract with you.
You must check that the details on this confirmatory email are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
All goods remain the property of the Conservative party until verified funds are cleared for payment.
CP will never make your personal details available to other companies for marketing purposes. Your data is stored by the Conservative Party for internal use only.
All credit, debit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, your order will not be accepted and CP will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected if, for any reason, you wish to return a product bought from the Conservative Shop.
Damaged goods or incorrect deliveries
Our warranty contained in 'Goods & Services' above is subject to the following conditions: (i) the goods must be stored in appropriate conditions; if you do not store them in appropriate conditions we cannot be held responsible for faults or problems that arise as a result; (ii) any claim by you in respect of any shortages and/or defects in the goods must be notified to us by you within seven days of the delivery date, stating the nature of the shortage/defect and quoting the invoice no.; failure to so notify us will deem you to have accepted the goods. In some cases CP may require you to return the defective goods to CP at its cost. Where you make a valid claim in respect of any shortages or defects and we are liable for the claim, we may at our option make up the shortages or replace the goods free of charge, or refund the price of the goods in question to you. In addition for defective goods we will refund you reasonable costs incurred for postage of the goods, but we shall have no further liability to you. If you do not notify CP accordingly, CP shall have no liability for any defects and you shall be bound to pay for the goods.
CP shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
Limitation of Liability
Although we take every care to ensure accuracy, we make no warranties as to the accuracy of the information we place on our web pages. The extent of our liability for any breach of these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the goods ordered by you in the relevant transaction, however nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit CP's liability for death or personal injury as a result of CP's negligence.
Invalidity of Terms and Conditions
If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable; the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promotion Code Terms & Conditions
1. Promotional codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new order placed with the Conservative Shop. Details of any minimum or percentage discount, including VAT and saving entitlement can be found in your voucher emails or mailings.
2. Promotion codes are only valid for orders placed online.
3. The Conservative Shop reserves the right to decline to accept orders where, in its opinion, a promotion code is invalid for the order being placed.
4. Promotion codes are only valid for a limited period of time. The expiry date will be publicised with the relevant promotion code.
5. Only one promotion code may be used per order.
6. Promotion codes are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Offer is not valid on sale items or other discounted items.
7. In the event of product returns, refunds will be given for cash used in the original purchase once the discount is applied, less any shipping costs charged on the original order.
8. In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the discount applied on that order will be spread between the goods proportionately. The sum in cash exceeding this value, less any shipping costs charged on the original order, will be returned to the customer. The promotional discount will not be applied to replacement items, if the offer is still valid at the time of making a return - you should place a new order using the original promotional code.
9. In the event of any returns meaning that the order no longer qualifies for the promotion advertised, The Conservative Shop reserves the right to deduct the value of the offer from the refund.
10. The Conservative Shop reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
11. The Conservative Shop reserves the right to terminate the validity of any promotional code at any time.
12. Promotional codes may be cancelled, withdrawn or amended at any time at the sole discretion of the CP.